Guidelines for Visiting Homes During COVID-19
Posted by Russell Volk on Friday, May 22nd, 2020 at 6:22am.
On May 19, Governor Tom Wolf issued an executive order allowing real estate to resume in Pennsylvania under certain guidelines. This is fantastic news because I’m finally able to help new clients and old friends reach their real estate goals in time for summer!
Must-Know Info About Current Market Trends
The Bucks County real estate market was hot before the pandemic struck, and real estate agents were anticipating an exceptionally active spring season. Now that real estate has been given the go-ahead in Pennsylvania, buyers and sellers are wondering if they should move forward.
The summer of 2020 has the potential to be a lucrative time for buyers and sellers. Based on national trends reported by CNBC, mortgage applications have been rising steadily since mid-April. The real estate demand in Bucks County did not falter during the shutdown, and I expect the local market to pick up where it left off now that we are doing business.
To Buy or Not to Buy?
Have you heard about the latest trends in interest rates? There is only one word to describe these trends: low! We are seeing record-lows in interest rates, making it the perfect time to finance your dream home.
Are In-Person Showings Allowed?
Buyers are now able to see the homes on their wish list in person. Guidelines have been set by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, the CDC and other relevant agencies to allow this to happen safely. Although our interactions might look a little different than we are used to, I am excited to partner with you as we navigate this new chapter in real estate.
Here are the rules we must follow to view properties in person:
1. Your in-person showings will consistently follow these guidelines for health and safety reasons.
2. Buyers must be aware of the risk involved with in-person showings and act accordingly during their appointment.
3. Before scheduling an in-person showing, you are encouraged to view online photographs, maps and virtual tours to determine if a property is a frontrunner.
4. We strongly recommend that you provide a pre-approval or proof of funds letter prior to your showing to limit in-person exposure.
5. All in-person showings are held by appointment to allow for health and safety measures to be taken beforehand.
6. Prior to your showing, each person in your party will complete a verbal health screening to assess recent exposure to or symptoms of COVID-19.
7. We will drive separately to your appointment. I will confirm that you have the correct appointment time and directions, and I will look forward to seeing you there!
8. In-person showings are limited to one agent and two buyers to minimize exposure and aid social distancing.
9. During your in-person showing, we will be required to use hand sanitizer and wear a face covering.
10. When possible, avoid touching surfaces during your visit. If there are certain property features that are must-sees, let me know in advance. I can request that closet doors, pantry doors or curtains are left open prior to the showing so that you can view these details.
11. Sellers may have health and safety requirements that are unique to their property. We must agree to follow these requirements to visit the property.
12. We must follow the community’s access and social distancing rules in common areas.
13. Social distancing is a must during your visit. This might require us to enter confined spaces within the property one at a time.
14. When your showing is complete, we will work together to perform any sanitizing procedures required by the seller.
15. We will conduct any post-showing discussions about the property off the premises.
16. New construction home showings are also held by appointment only. If new construction interests you, contact me to schedule a visit.
Let’s Work Together!
As you navigate Bucks County’s real estate market under new guidelines, it is critical to partner with an experienced agent. I have been waiting for the opportunity to introduce you to the finest homes in Bucks County, and I am happy to do so in a way that keeps everyone safe and healthy! Contact me today to begin your home-buying journey.
Russell Volk is a top Realtor® with RE/MAX Elite with years of experience in the Bucks County Real Estate market. He specializes in helping buyers find the perfect home. Whether you're looking for a townhome, single family home, new construction, 55+/active adult home or a luxury property, contact Russell Volk for professional guidance and expert advice. Russell is also well equipped to handle the sale of properties, and loves helping people sell their home quickly and profitably. To contact Russell directly, call him at 267-566-0999.